Imagine one-click experiences like sharing, wireless camera control and backing up your photos on the go.
Hi everyone!, we are near the end of our campaign and we would like to celebrate Black Friday with the Kickstarter community. For that reason we are glad to announce that we have just released our Black Friday rewards. Hope you enjoy them!
- Lumera with built-in GPS + 1Terabyte on lumera cloud drive (one year free). With this reward we will start offering our new cloud storage service. Backers on this reward will enjoy our storage service free for one year!
- Lumera with built-in GPS + Wrist strap hand grip. This addon is ergonomically designed for optimal comfort when using your DSLR.
- Buy 2 Lumeras with built-in GPS and receive the third one free.
Today’s camera manufacturers create products with amazing sensors and stunning lenses which give users high quality images, but most of them don't provide a connection to the cloud and social networks. On the other side, cellphone manufacturers create amazing devices completely immersed in the cloud but with poor optics which give users low quality images.
Through years of working with experts on the field, we deeply understood photography as the art and science that it is. So we came up with the idea of building a device to make this experience even more exciting and friendly with new technologies and social trends. This is how Lumera idea came to life, to connect camera and phones through WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and bring a new world of possibilities...
With Lumera Android-iOS App, some of things you will be able to:
- Wirelessly capture images and videos.
- Remotely view and edit camera parameters like shutter speed, ISO, focus and zoom area, white balance, drive mode, aperture, image quality and format and more features to come.
- Wirelessly stream live view to your iOS or Android device.
- Setup timelapses from your smartphone.
- Tag GPS location to your photos, when you need to.
Some Lumera applications:
Live viewWirelessly stream live view to your iOS or Android device.
GPS taggingTag GPS location to your photos, when you need to.
HDRCreate High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos using Lumera image processing algorithms.
3D photoWith the help of Lumera image processing software you can make amazing stereoscopic pictures and anaglyphs.
TimelapseSetup timelapses from your smartphone
Hot shoe preliminary versionThanks to our backers feedback. here is a preliminary version of mechanical design with hot shoe adapter.
- Visualization of preferred social networks and cloud storage services ready for one-click mode, previously configured from mobile app.
- Visualization of camera parameters and image-processing algorithms previously chosen from mobile app.
- Progress bar of image-video current transfer status.
- Lumera and phone status dashboard.
Identify your cameraStep 1. Search the model of your camera in the below list. These are only some of the models we are supporting at these moment.
Lumera camera support survey: http://lumera.co/survey
- 120k stretch goal: Control your camera not only from Lumera but also from Pebble and Android Wear Os smart watches.
Risks and challengesLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
Our main challenge and goal is to support the biggest amount of cameras. Help us filling our camera brands and models survey at “How it works” section, to create a bigger Lumera cameras scope.
We consider main risks are supply and production: we have worked before with well known manufacturers and our designs are ready for production, we will do our best to make it happen according to proposed timeline. Shipping: we'll work very close to our shipping providers to make sure all of our backers receive their Lumeras according to schedule. We'll also keep our backers up-to-date and well informed.
For more information on this project or to donate to it head on over to their Kickstarter page.