Home Blog Portfolio Client Login

Friday, February 24, 2012

Upgrading: The Never Ending Battle.



For the longest time I felt that if I did not have the most up to date software and equipment that I was not being the best photographer that I could be.
It took me a bit of time to realize that that mentality was a load of crap and I needed what I needed to get the job done. If that meant using older software that I knew backwards and forwards or like wise with a camera then so be it.

After a fair amount of time I have made the jump up to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. It might not seem like that big of a deal but the upgrade has finally allowed me to work with all of the newest versions of my editing programs.

I waited as long as I could for the upgrade because for the most part I just did not need it. However there comes a point when you do need to upgrade in order to continue using the equipment you have.

Camera upgrades sometimes also mean software upgrades and that is where I have found myself.

So far I am loving the improvements for both Lightroom 3 and NX 2.

One thing that I think is a bit funny is the fact that even though I have just upgraded my system There is already another update waiting for me.

Like I said it is the never ending battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment