Home Blog Portfolio Client Login

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sensor Klear Loupe Kit from Lenspen

Sensor cleaning was always one of those things that I never trusted myself enough to do. I had this fear that I was going to screw up the sensor and ruin my camera. I never went near my cameras sensors.

I received the Sensor Klear Loupe Kit from Lenspen for a review and I thought it's been long enough and I should just give it a go. I opened up the kit and went to it.




The kit comes with a powered loupe, Hurricane Blower, SensorKlear II pen, batteries for the loupe and a carrying pouch.

In the kit there are very short and easy to follow directions for cleaning your camera sensor and it is way easier than I ever thought it would be.

The first step is to set your camera to lock the mirror in the up position. Then you just take the loupe and place it on your camera where the lens goes. Remove the eyepiece cover, turn on the light built into the loupe and look down at your sensor.

With the illuminated loupe you get a great look at your camera's sensor and there is no trouble spotting any dirt or debris hanging out on your sensor. One side of the loupe is open so that you can get your cleaning tools into the camera.

Once you spot any junk hanging out just start out with the Hurricane Blower and try to blast it of. The blower puts out a fair amount of air with every squeeze. If the blower does not get rid of it then you can move on to the pen.

The SensorKlear II pen had the same non-liquid cleaning element as on the regular Lenspen. The cleaning element is dry so you can used it many times before it needs to be replaced.

I found the Sensor Klear Loupe Kit from Lenspen to be well built with an easy to use design. The quality of materials are also top notch. When you look at what it costs to have your sensor professionally cleaned the kit will pay for itself after only a couple of uses.

If you would like to know more about the Sensor Klear Loupe Kit or any of Lenspen other products visit them online at: http://www.lenspen.com or visit their Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/lenspengroup

No comments:

Post a Comment