Home Blog Portfolio Client Login

Monday, November 7, 2011

Setting Up the Shot - Dominic




Camera - Nikon D300
Lens - Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5
Exposure - 1/320 @ f/14.2
Focal Length - 35mm

Lighting - Nikon SB900 and Nikon SB600.
Light Modifier(s) - 60" Westcott shoot through umbrella and a Sto-fen Omni-bounce.
Trigger - Nikon SU800


This shot was taken from a bunch of family shots that i took with my youngest daughters play group.

I set up a background in our dinning room, and then the parents and kids came in for photo's.

With this shot I used a Nikon sb900 and shot through a Westcott 60" shoot through umbrella as my key light. I then used a Nikon sb600 with an omni-bounce to blow out the background and to also give a bit of rim lighting to the side of his face. I need to try a few locations for the background light in order to get the right amount of rim lighting and background light.

This was the first time that I had met Dominic and his mother Aimee, and I think that he was not too sure what to make of me here.



No comments:

Post a Comment