Home Blog Portfolio Client Login

Friday, July 29, 2011

Setting up the Shot - Micaela Couture



Micaela Couture

This shot is a simple one light portrait done in studio utilizing Nikon's CLS system.

For my key light I placed a Nikon SB-900 in a 28" Westcott Apollo
softbox overhead and feathered it onto Micaela's to bring out just enough of her from the shadows. I used a Nikon SU-800 for the commander onto of my Nikon D300.

With the use Nikon's CLS system I was able to get the shutter speed up to 1/5000 of a second to take the background into complete shadow. This shot is a great example of why I love Nikon's creative lighting system. Being able to get shutter speeds all the way to 1/8000th of a second opens up so many possibilities for creative lighting.

Camera - Nikon D300
Lens - Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8
Exposure - 1/5000 @ f/2.8
Focal Length - 38mm

Lighting - Nikon SB-900
Light Modifier(s) - 28" Westcott Apollo

Trigger - Nikon SU-800

No comments:

Post a Comment